Friday, February 9, 2018

4 Beach Chairs

















I was looking through some pictures I had taken in 2017, and found this one of four empty beach chairs sitting on the sand, facing the vast ocean in the early morning, in Pensacola, Florida.  While we were there, early each day, a guy named ‘Larry’ would setup 4 chairs with umbrellas for us.  At the end of the day, he would take it all away.  He prepared a place for us. 

It got me to thinking.  The beauty is what got me to thinking.  The peace, the sound of the surf, the feeling of sand between the toes, the rising sun, the soft breeze, and the enjoyment of company that happens in those chairs each day.

For me – that would-be HEAVEN – a bunch of beach chairs, setup each morning, facing the water and the sun (Son).  But now, I see 4 significant people in my life, in those 4 chairs: 1) Dallas Bateman, 2) Cynthia, 3) Tom, and 4) Dad.    


Just as I’m writing this, I’m listening to Bethel Music – Kristene DiMarco – "It is Well" - - and it rings true:
“Through it all, my eyes are on you.  This mountain that’s in front of me, will be thrown into the mist of sea.  The waves and wind still know His name.  So, let go, my soul, and trust in Him. Through it all, my eyes are on you, and it is well.  It is well with my soul.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNqo4Un2uZI



No comments:

Post a Comment