Saturday, April 7, 2018

$13 Cup of Coffee






Why would anyone, in their right mind, pay $13.00 for a cup of coffee?   You would have to be nuts, on an expense account – or very rich.   Even still – no matter what - it just ain’t right to do that. 
       
But if you ever do – this is what it looks like (at Starbucks ‘Reserve’ – Legacy West).  They put on a show for you – and everyone sitting near you, so the entertainment is part of the price.  This kid named ‘Jonah’ knows far too much about coffee and the regions of the world that grow it, the altitudes that are best for the beans, and the special techniques used to brew the perfect cup.   Not many people get this show  - and I’m hearing a lot of ‘ooooh’s and aaaaah’s’ in the background.  I’m the center of attention, and I like that.  The crowd thinks I’m a big spender, a player, somebody to deal with.  For this special occasion on a Saturday morning, I wore my new Robert Graham shirt and my best worst Levi’s, and styled my hair (meaning I held my head out the window of the car to dry on the way over).  If I still had a dog, like my old best friend Kahlua, I would have brought him – then everyone would really think I was cool.
       
Today – is my birthday – a milestone birthday.  I do appreciate a good cup of coffee.  It’s the first time for this, and I’m running out of time.  Plus, this one was FREE (a gift from Starbucks) – so no, I’m not crazy.  What am I supposed to do – say No?
       
Priceless. Funny thing is, this fancy cup of coffee tastes, mysteriously, like Dunkin Donuts.
  
Day #1 – of a new year. 

2 comments:

Jorden Lane said...

Love this. Here’s to an incredible year ahead! You’re not running out of time, these are the best times. Love you dad.

Anonymous said...

We missed your birthday!!!! Your milestone birthday. Happy belated BIRTHDAY Scot.... We will treat you out when we get back in town. Dianne & Mark

Post a Comment